What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.
Tag Archives: goals
So… here we are, almost two months into 2009, and this is the first blog post I’ve managed. Pathetic, I know. I’ve either been too busy to write about the things I wanted to say (and forgot about them as a result), or I’ve been (overly?) critical about whether anyone would want to read them.
Anyway, today I admitted that I was suffering from “blogger’s block”, asked around for some suggestions to kickstart me, and coolcat came up with the “Five Things” meme. So here we go…
Five things in my bag
- Purse: a great brick of a thing, unfortunately not because it contains wads of banknotes but because I am a great hoarder of receipts, cards and small change
- Passport: I wish I could say this was because I like to go abroad on a whim, but actually it’s just so that I have valid ID on me
- Mobile phone
- At least two lipsticks, variety being the spice of life and all that
- Pen: there is nothing more annoying than being on a train with a crossword and no pen!
Five favourite things in my flat
- Pandig, my bear, who has been my almost lifelong companion
- My dining table and chairs, which not everyone likes but I love (the chairs are a classic Chippendale design and the whole set belonged to my grandparents)
- Prints of my own photos hanging on the wall
- The spiral staircase and gallery (great for supporting topheavy trees and trailing plants)
- The dishwasher: my life would be a mess without it!
Five things I really like at the moment
- This genealogy site: every month it feels as if Christmas has come when they update their parish record transcripts
- Inspector Lynley: I have just read Elizabeth George’s latest crime thriller, Careless in Red, which I thought was better than the last two. I hope I get to see more of the televised versions with Nathaniel Parker soon, too…
- Ham, cream cheese and beetroot sandwiches on dark rye bread
- Jeremy Paxman’s TV series The Victorians: I’ve always been fascinated by that period and Paxman is always riveting, I find
- Black tights with zig-zag patterns on them
Five things I have always wanted to do
I thought this section would be very hard as I am a person of few ambitions, but hey presto, I could have found more than five. Here are five relatively non-cheesy ambitions…
- Study Art History (had I enough world and time, and, these days, money to boot): I did tangential bits at university under the auspices of courses on music, German and history, and now that I am also fascinated by photography and fashions within that, I’d love to have something that tied it all together
- Renovate an old house (within reason)
- Find a photo of a family member that shows a true resemblance to me (only once or twice have I been told that I look anything like a relative)
- Paint a picture that I would be proud to hang on the wall (I have not painted a picture since I was a child)
- Be able to speak Welsh properly