Of the many memes available out there – most of which I choose to avoid – the “Friday filler” or “Friday fill-in” seems one of the more enduring ones. You get given a series of statements, with blanks, and the text in bold is what you have filled in. I found this week’s Friday Fill-In here.
1. When I looked out the window this morning it struck me just how dirty it was, as the sun was shining on it at a rather unflattering angle (I was very pleased to see the sun, though!).
2. A bacon sandwich without HP sauce doesn’t make sense to me.
3. Remind me to put the Christmas tree out for collection on Monday morning. We are going to perform the death-defying feat of dropping it out of the french windows (on the 3rd floor, though with one of us down on the street to alert any would-be passers-by) to avoid spreading needles through the whole house.
4. Making yummy meals out of leftovers is something I love to do!
5. TP is text-speak for a type of Native American tent(?) – really I have no idea!*
6. I cleaned the refrigerator recently and I found a block of gouda (still unopened and fresh), and some broccoli from before Christmas (not so fresh).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to beers with crazy Americans, tomorrow my plans include cycling up the hill to my friend’s house for dinner and Sunday, I want to chill, get some work done and deal with the tree.
* I’m intrigued: what would YOU fill in for this item?